Sunday, March 18, 2012

SXSW hath murdered sleep...

Hello, Internet!

   I'm way overdue for another blog! Since I'm anything but well-rested, was given a deadline for posting a blog, there's a lady awkwardly staring at me in Panera, and I was tagged - I think this is the perfect time! 
   This past Thursday I embarked upon a mini road trip adventure to Austin with Have Coffee Will Travel and her extremely tall boyfriend for SXSW.  For anyone living under a rock that's South by Southwest - the one week a year where all my dreams come true and every band or artist I love converges upon Austin for 7 days of musical heaven. Yesssssssss! (Imagine I sound like Napoleon Dynamite for that one.)
   We wandered around downtown Austin, watched strangely-dressed people mill around, ate Kimchi fries, and ended the day by seeing a friend of mine play a free show inside a TGI Friday's...inside a hotel.  The day was adventurous and as weird as Austin itself - and we loved it.  I'd go into a long, detailed blog about our adventure, but I'm still waiting on pictures from the before-mentioned tall dude that occupied the backseat and acted as our security detail for the trip.
   Now onto the issue of being tagged...



Questions:
1.Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall
  I refuse to choose just one!  
 - Spring - I love the flowers and the rain - but only when I don't have to drive in it.
 - Summer - I secretly would like to be a beach bum.  Sleep in the sand, splash in the waves, the smell of sunscreen, and that scent that your skin gets when you've spent too much time in the sun.  True love.
 - Fall - I love the crunch of leaves under my feet, the way my hair curls the way I like it when it's not 1,000% humidity in the fall.
 - Winter - Hot chocolate, chicken and dumplings, my pink peacoat, and boots - definitely wearing boots. 'nough said.
2. Favorite roadtrip
 - My oldest sister and I embarked on a ridiculously ambitious drive straight from Houston to Portland, Maine.  Yes, M-A-I-N-E...that state at the far northeastern tip of the USA.  It was crazy, exhausting, and I'm STILL in love with Portland.  
3. Favorite roadtrip snack
 - I never go on a road trip without some beef jerky.
4. The last five songs on you listened to, iPod or radio
  Bon Iver - I Can't Make You Love Me/Nick of Time
  David Ramirez - Strangetown
  Ray Lamontagne - Hold You in My Arms
  Ray Lamontagne - Crazy (Gnarls Barkley Cover)
  Jessie J - Domino
5. Do you have any tattoos, if so where
 - I wish! I actually dreamed about getting a tattoo last night. Creepy!
6. Star Fleet or Jedi
 - Star Fleet! Our dad raised us right. ;)
7. Five words to describe yourself
 - determined, cheerful, sassy, ambitious, loved
8. Where did you go on your first vacation
 - Our parents took us on plenty of vacations when we lived in Europe...I'm thinking Austria was probably among the first. My first real ADULT vacation was to Boston, MA. I heart New England. 
9. If you could move anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
 - It's a tie between London and Honolulu.  I love the European and Hawaiian lifestyles.  They're definitely different from being a city girl in the US.
10. Favorite meal you can cook
 - Chicken Divan...it's this family dish we've been eating since as far back as I can remember.  Chicken, cheese, rice, broccoli, breadcrumbs...cheese...did I mention cheese? ;)

XOXO
Kimmy 

2 comments:

  1. SXSW was amazing :) Hooray for blogging!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really going to go next year! I say that every year but I mean it this time!
    xoxox,
    Sandee

    ReplyDelete